Based in Italy
PC / Mac
In narrative RPG Selling Sunlight, you're a masked merchant traveling in a fantasy world that doesn't move anymore. One side of the planet boils, constantly facing the sun; the other is a frozen desert. The only habitable zone is a thin line of perpetual dawn, an orangish place full of fire spirits, wailing sun-priests, withering plant people, spiders and bees. If you want to make a profit, you'll have to wander. Discover new wonders and cultures, make friends, bargain goods and swap tall tales with other travelers. In this world that stands still, where will you run from your past?
Selling Sunlight was born as a one-woman diversion from a very boring internship, and then accidentally became a serious project - attracting more talented people until a team was officially formed. Our main influences include the Rune Factory series, Spice and Wolf, Sunless Sea and the Earthsea cycle.
- Play as a masked, mysterious main character of uncertain race and gender. Their past and their future are yours to define.
- Befriend merchants, nomads, musicians, scholars, missionaries and many other travelers, each one with their own agenda. Swap gifts and tall tales, keep in touch with letters, and journey together to avoid loneliness.
- A gentle, weird word to explore. Dance under the giant mirrors of the Red Temple; visit Green Hamlet, where trees have leaves made of glass; or pay your respects to the Lilac Legion, living in frozen carcasses of giant war-beasts.
- Haggle with other merchants to maximize your profits. A good trade is not only a matter of money: offer favours and information for a discount, or brazenly try to seduce your opponent.
- Hand-painted graphics: almost everything is being made with traditional watercolors and much love.
- An original soundtrack by Davin Dilbert, the composer of Glitchhikers.
Logo & Icon
- "Narrative RPG ‘Selling Sunlight’ can teach other games how to do diversity right"
- Jasmine Henry, J Station X
- "Charm, Barter, Or Seduce Fellow Merchants Despite Your Missing Face In Selling Sunlight"
- Joel Couture, Siliconera
- "A New Incubee: Giada Zavarise of Selling Sunlight"
- Some Guy, Failbetter Games Blog
CoseBelle (Italian for "NiceThings") is an all-female team of former students of the International School of Comics, in Padua. We wish to create narrative games that - like comics - mix beautiful artwork and words to tell a story.
More information on CoseBelle, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Selling Sunlight Credits
Oliver Stefan Colombo